Sunday 12 July 2009

Van Persie turned down big money move


Robin van Persie turned down big-money moves to Chelsea, Manchester City, Inter Milan and Juventus, according to reports on Sunday.

The 25-year Arsenal forward is believed to have rejected overtures from Europe's biggest club's before penning a new four-year deal at The Emirates.

And van Persie is adamant he has done the right thing in staying put in north London.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "I made a list. I wrote on one side what I had. And I wrote down what was lacking.

"At Arsenal, Arsene Wenger values my contribution to the team, my fellow players show the same appreciation and everyone who works in the club is wonderful and so warm to me.

"Apart from all that I have a great connection with the supporters. I find it fascinating how they show their love for me as a player.

"My heart says that I cannot play in the shirt of another club for the next four years. Money has never been an issue in my career.

"When I signed my first contract at Arsenal, I was not on big money at all.

"Now the club have shown their appreciation. But it is not the money-side why I signed a new deal.

"All I want to feel is a bit of respect and a good relationship with everyone at the club. And that's what I have here."

Source: Foxsports

No comments:

Post a Comment